Parents & Teachers Linked is a great way to support St. Peters. Strong schools have something in common: involved parents! Through a variety of volunteer opportunities throughout the year, ECEC and elementary parents can be an active part of making St. Peter's even more awesome. PTL meetings are @ 5:30 the first Wednesday of the month. Kids are welcome.
Contact Ami Smith, PTL coordinator:
Here are some great (and free!) ways for you to support St. Peter's:
We collect Boxtops for Education, Coke points (transfer them to St. Peter's), Campbell's Soup Labels, Kemps Milk Bottle Tops
Here are some upcoming events to watch for:
- Bed Time Stories - November 17, 6:15-7:00pm - children are invited to come dressed in pajamas for the reading of some wonderful stories.
- Christmas Plant Sale - a colorful event that is great for giftgiving. It is also a way that we decorate the sanctuary for Christmas. Pick up date is November 22.
- Gingerbread House - an opportunity for children to do some inexpensive shopping for their loved ones for Christmas gifts. Donations of gift items make this event possible.
- Christmas Concert - December 15, 6:30pm - join in singing favorite Christmas carols as we tell the Christmas Child from the perspective of children.
- Movie Night - January 20th - come enjoy some popcorn and a movie for the whole family.
- S'mores and More - February 16 - great treats and a little sledding, block party style. A great family fellowship activity.
- National Lutheran Schools Week -- a full week of activities and promotion of our school that kicks off with a Sunday worship celebration and includes a Schoolastic book fair - March 2-11 - to help provide reading materials for our classrooms and library.
- Bed Time Stories #2 - March 8, 6:15-7:00pm - even more children's stories for the children. Don't forget the blankies and stuffed animals!
- Elementary School Musical – March 13 - 6:30pm - musical provides students in K-6 with the opportunity to be part of a large production. It is an opportunity for drama and singing gifts to be on display. Beautiful costumes and props are a highlight.
- St. Peter's Gala - April 21 - our Levis & Lederhosen themed dinner auction last May raised over $13,000 for St. Peter's. We utilized the funds in this way:
- Enhanced School Security - utilizing the system that parents now use for check-in / check-out, we will limit access to the building and enable the administration to better be aware of who is in the building to keep our children as safe a possible.
- Classroom Technology - every area of life utilizes technology. Funds will enable us to put iPads into the hands of students in our project based education model.
Watch for these events again next year along with some fresh activities:
- Community Block Party / Classroom Visits - In September we have a BBQ outdoors with bouncy houses, great conversations, and much more.
- Grandparents Day – Grandparents and special friends are invited to spend a half day at school with their grandchild. They attend chapel, visit classrooms, and participate with their student in other programs.
- School Marathon – This is an annual fundraiser sponsored by our Parent/Teacher League. This is a fun family activity!
- Fall Harvest Party - a community event for children and their families with games, prizes, food, and tons of creativity with costumes. Join us in the parkinglot for Trunk-or-Treat.