Jesus said “I am the Bread of Life” because it communicates how necessary He is…He is as life-giving as the food we eat! Just as He served the world by giving of Himself to “feed” our spiritual needs, the St. Peter’s family would like to feed the needs of people with food insecurity in our community.
To do that, and in honor of the Lenten season beginning on Ash Wednesday, we hope to collect 40 donated items and $40 each week leading up to Easter Sunday! All donations will go directly to VEAP (Volunteers Enlisted to Assist People)who serve the Edina, South Minneapolis, Richfield, Bloomington communities.
Join in the joy of serving through our goal donation items:
· Wednesday, March 20 - Sunday, March 24: Pampers for the Passion (diapers, wipes, baby formula)
· Wednesday, March 27 - Sunday, March 31: Legumes for Lent (beans & bean based products)
· Wednesday, April 3 - Sunday, April 7: Soap for Sunday (bars of soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, feminine hygiene products, etc.)
· Wednesday, April 10 - Sunday, April 14: Protein for Passover (canned or bagged chicken or tuna, protein bars, etc.)
· Wednesday, April 17 - Sunday, April 21: Rice for Resurrection Sunday (rice or rice based products)